Saturday, December 31, 2011

Make-up Makeover as Clara Bow

My daughter Alycia could not help herself and asked to get in on the 2012 make-up makeovers.  As tiny as she is I did not want to make her look 25 years old it would not have made sense.  So I focused on her face shape and best assets...her eyes!  Then I remembered Keyvn Aucoin did a makeover with Demi Moore as Clara Bow and thought, that's it!  I will dress her up as a little china doll for fun.  So, I searched images of Clara Bow and got to work.



Her first time getting her make-up done.  She did awesome!  This was a blast!  I used all of our products and her garment is one of my pashmina scarves.  The head piece is one of my belts.







Get the Look:

1.  Start with a clean face. Then moisturize.

2.  Cover any dark areas of the skin with concealer.

3.  Use a lighter shade of foundation for a more porcelain complexion all over the face.

4.  Apply translucent powder under the eyes to lighten and catch any fallen shadow.

5.  Add shadow primer all over the lids.  Using a wide shadow brush apply brown shadow on the entire lid.

6.  Take a smaller smudge brush and extend the brown shadow under the bottom lash line.

7.  Add false lashes on the top lash line.

8.  Apply a cream colored pencil on the entire waterline to help make your eyes appear whiter and more pronounced.

9.  Contour the sides of the cheeks with a light brown shadow.  Add the same color to define your brows.

10.  Line your lips with a brown liner.  Extend the liner outside your lip line to help shape for fuller lips.  Fill in the lips with the same liner and add a dark lip gloss on top to finish the look.

Hair:

I just put her hair in a ponytail to keep it back.  Next I pulled her bangs down and made a loop to flip it back.  Tucking them under the headband.  I did the same for her sides.  The tuck make it looks like her hair is short and will keep the style in place.

Photo:

I used my D300s and asked Alycia to get into roll.  AMAZING!

XOXO Besos,
Anna Castillo

P.S. Stay tuned for our full line of cosmetics launch at http://www.shopinkcosmetics.com/ on Jan 1, 2012.  We currently have our Lip Luster Glosses available for sale but at 12:01 AM the entire line will be available!  Happy shopping!

No comments: