Friday, November 14, 2008

How do you say BOOTS in Croatian?












čistač cipela, or sluga are two was to say boots in Croatian. I recently had the chance to work in the city Zagreb, the capital of Croatia.

I went into the City everyday and checked out the local trends.

BOOTS! BOOTS! and more BOOTS!





Bold and the BOOTiful,
Croatian women have no fear! It was all about the blunt cut bang, bohemian casual wear and BOOTs like I have never seen before.

When you can't beat them...join them!

Boy oh boy, I scored a pair of gray and black knee high boots for 99 kuna. 1 Croatian kuna = 0.177289 U.S. dollars (USD) yes people I got those boots for a whopping $17.55. Now don't rush out and buy a ticket to Croatia for your shopping fix! I bought those boots underground. In an area near the Centre of town where you can shop for clothes, shoes, scarfs, souvenir's, and more. Top side you can expect to pay somewhere between 200 - 600 kuna. You do the math... They are all about thier fashion though.

**********************************************************************************
HIPPYGARDEN.COM
Zagreb, Croatia






I spoke to one if the girls in a designer boutique who said she was saving up for a pair of Manolo Blanik "aaaahhhhh aaaahhhh" heels because no one sold them there. The average cost to get a pair of Manolo's in Croatia she said went for approx. 4000-6000 kuna; I'll do the math for you on that one: about $700-$1000 USD. HA! I should buy them and sell them out there! I am in the wrong business...

No comments: